Where could it lead?
Within 18 months you could be promoted into a technical specialist role in an area such as Software Engineering, Security, Infrastructure or Online/Mobile Banking. After the programme, you could become a senior technical specialist or move into a management role within the IT community.Read more
As well as a competitive salary, performance-based bonus and employee benefits, you get:
- To be involved with real business projects that have stretching goals
- Exposure to senior business leaders through mentoring relationships
- Online technical training with access to over 6,000 courses on Pluralsight
- Depending on the area, work towards professional certification in areas such as CompTIA+, Network+, Security+ and more
- Leadership training courses
- An increase in commercial and strategic awareness through on-the-job learning
- The possibility of working towards a future position or promotion at Nationwide
- A Scheme Manager, buddies and mentors to support you throughout
Our Transformation strategy and massive inward investment puts tech front and centre in order to better serve the financial needs of our 15 million members. Our Technology Development Programme is a crucial part of this Transformation.
What does this mean in terms of our technology initiatives? We are:
- Re-platforming our digital assets and making operating model changes, driven by Agile adoption, DevOps standards and Cloud exploitation
- Creating new jobs and opening a new UK technology hub
- Driving UK service leadership through digitisation and multi-channel technology integration
- Establishing a £50m FinTech venture fund and planning the launch of Open Banking aggregation services
Our Technology Development Programme forms a crucial part of these initiatives.
And yes, we’re growing fast, but we’re also holding firm to the values that make us different: commitment to our members, our people, and to building society. We need people who can help us make a positive difference.Read less