Why work for us
We're the world's largest building society as well as one of the largest savings providers and a top-three provider of mortgages in the UK.
We're also a major provider of current accounts, credit cards, ISAs and personal loans. With around 15 million members, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK population.
Our customers can manage their finances in a branch, via a mobile app, on the telephone, internet and post. We have around 17,000 employees with an increasing number of them working flexibly. Our head office is in Swindon with administration centres based in Northampton, Bournemouth and Dunfermline. We also have a number of call centres in the UK.Error loading Partial View script (file: ~/Views/MacroPartials/VideoEmbed.cshtml)
Over the last 6 months we've:
- lent almost £15 billion in mortgages, a half year record and over 13% of all UK mortgage lending in that period
- helped over 25,700 people to buy their first home
- provided a safe home for cash ISA savings and accounted for a third of growth in balances
- been at the forefront with the introduction of new technology like Apple Pay and Paym
- helped more than a quarter of a million people move their current account over to us
And whilst the banks were talking about closing outlets, we invested millions in new branches and new ways of helping customers across our branches.
Yes we're a building society, and yes we are different. But we are proud of our difference, aiming to serve our members with their best interests at heart. We've been doing this since 1846 and plan on doing this for many more years to come.
Click here to read a few of our employee stories.
At Nationwide we have a set of values, expectations and promises that we've summarised in something special we call PRIDE. And it's PRIDE that makes our our brand come to life. It stands for: The inte
We're a modern mutual that recognises and rewards our diverse and talented employees by offering them the best opportunities to progress at Nationwide. We're proud of our commitment to protecting the