At Nationwide we're committed to making a significant investment in our people. As well as the wide range of development opportunities that are available, we look to provide an exciting total reward package which includes a competitive salary, performance bonus, pension schemes and flexible benefits.
Our rewards are directly linked to performance, considering both ‘what’ is delivered and ‘how’ it's achieved. Additionally, we offer our employees the flexibility and choice to choose the benefits that suit their individual needs.
The benefits we currently offer as part of our reward package include:
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually
- 'Flexible benefits':
Our acclaimed salary sacrifice scheme allows you to choose extra benefits and tailor your remuneration package. Our most popular benefits include additional pension contributions, buying holiday, childcare vouchers, gym membership and dental and healthcare plans.
We also offer ‘yousave’ (access to a wide range of local and national discounts on a variety of products and services including offers on leisure, legal services and health and wellbeing) a company car scheme (the choice of a company car or a cash allowance for eligible roles), PRIDE awards (a recognition award scheme that rewards our employees with gifts and vouchers) and long service awards that recognise continuous service after 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 years of employment.
- Employee Flexclusives: a range of special offers to reward employees who pay their salary into a Nationwide current account.
- Generous holiday allowance: 24 days, increasing to 30 days per year (pro rata for part-time workers). We also give our employees the option to 'buy' up to an extra 10 days holiday, with the approval of their line manager.
- Pension: If you're over 16 and under 75, you'll automatically become a member of our contributory pension scheme when you join. If you pay the minimum employee contribution of 4% of your salary we'll contribute 13%. If you decide to pay more than 4% we'll match your additional contributions up to a maximum of 3%, making our contribution up to a maximum of 16%. All of this means if you contribute 7% we'll contribute 16% meaning you'll receive 23% of your annual salary into your pension.
- Healthcare as a core benefit or discounted for you and your family through our flexible benefits scheme.
- Free life insurance: life cover worth eight times your notional salary.
- Flexible working: this can include options such as flexi-time, part-time, job sharing and term-time working.
- Recognition awards: for extra-special contributions we reward our people with personal gifts and vouchers.
Interested in applying? Take a look at our latest careers.